Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Toronto - Mousefood

Band: Stolen Babies
Venue: The Mod Club
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date: Feb 9, 2012

Stolen Babies are an American experimental rock band from California, and they were the first act of the Guards of Glory tour, after the local opening act, Phantom, who I mentioned in my previous post.

Stolen Babies in Toronto


Featuring vocalist/accordionist Dominique Lenore Persi, bassist/guitarist Rani Sharone, and drummer Gil Sharone, I listened to a few songs on YouTube before the show to get a feel for what to expect, and I wasn't sure how the band would relate to the two other bands for the tour, Firewind and the headliner, Battle Metal band Turisas. I found Stolen Babies to be more rock than metal, and their "experimental" element was very strong; they reminded me a lot of Emilie Autumn, just with a heavier vibe.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment